Submit to the CIRS Occasional Paper series throughout the year. CIRS publishes original research on a range of issues related to the Middle East, including international relations, political science, sociology, and anthropology, among others.
Publishing with CIRS:
- All CIRS papers are accessible, for free, in print and electronic formats.
- Papers are distributed via online academic platforms and search databases, making them widely cited.
- Papers should be around 10,000 words.
- Chicago Manual of Style (17th edition), "notes and bibliography" system.
- Double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman font.
- Include an abstract and biography.
- All submissions are subject to a double-blind review process.
- Arabic transliterations adhere to the International Journal of Middle East Studies.
- Seeking image permissions/reproductions are the responsibility of the author.
- Submit to Suzi Mirgani, CIRS Managing Editor.
Papers cannot have been previously published or under consideration for publication elsewhere. Any copyright concerns are the full responsibility of the author. By submitting work to CIRS, the author agrees to the CIRS Copyright Agreement.