Established in 2005, the Center for International and Regional Studies (CIRS) at Georgetown University in Qatar is a premier research institute devoted to the academic study of regional and international issues through dialogue and exchange of ideas, research and scholarship, and engagement with national and international scholars, opinion makers, practitioners, and activists.
Guided by the principles of academic excellence, forward vision, and community engagement, the CIRS mission revolves around five principal goals:
- To provide a forum for scholarship and research on international and regional affairs
- To encourage in-depth examination and exchange of ideas
- To foster thoughtful dialogue among students, scholars, and practitioners of international affairs
- To facilitate the free flow of ideas and knowledge through publishing the products of its research, sponsoring public lectures, and holding working groups designed to explore the complexities of the twenty-first century
- To engage in outreach activities with a wide range of local, regional and international partners.